ПЛАН-КОНСПЕКТ УРОКУ З АНГЛІЙСЬКОЇ МОВИ «ВІДОМІ ЖІНКИ СВІТУ. ГЕНДЕРНІСТЬ» для 11класу за підручником Калініної Л.В. Англійська мова «Your English Self»
Автор: вчитель англійської мови, заступник директора з НВР Кукушкіна Наталія Петрівна
Topic: Women’s gender role in the society
- to recognize, understand new lexical while reading the texts;
- to remember and realize famous women in the world;
- to participate in common conversation;
- to exchange prepared information about the topic of the lesson;
- to find out new information about some women-heroines of the world.
Equipment: textbook: “Your English Self” by L.Kalinina;women-leaders’ photos; prepared pupils’information about one of the famous women; a poem “ She Walks In Beauty”by Lord Byron
Teacher: Good morning, dear children! Are you ready for the lesson? So, you may take your seats. I’m glad to see you and I wish you good mood and good luck at our today’s lesson.
Today we’ll speak about WOMAN and her place in our life.
Look at the mind map and tell some words about associations which you have looking at these words (pupils can speak about a woman who has the important place in the life:she is a “fire”for family. She can do different kinds of work as intellectual as physical one, etc.)
As you remember we have already read and spoken about woman’s role in our families at previous lessons. You had some home tasks on this topic as well. We are going to continue our discussion today. By the end of the lesson you will:
- recognize, understand new lexical while reading the texts;
- remember and realize famous women in the world;
- participate in common conversational and exchange the information about the topic of today’s lesson;
- find out new information about some women-heroines of the world.
II. MAIN PART OF THE LESSON
Warming up (a teacher hands out the sheets with the poem and three pupils read it aloud in English(each reads 1 verse) after that another pupil does it in Ukrainian )
She Walks In Beauty (Lord Byron)
She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that’s best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
Thus mellowed to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impaired the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
Or softly lightens o’er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express
How pure, how dear their dwelling place.
And on that cheek, and o’er that brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent!
Вона йде у всій красі (Лорд Байрон)
Вона йде у всій красі
Світла, як ніч її країни.
Вся глиб небес і зірки все
В її очах укладені,
Як сонце в ранковій росі,
Але тільки мороком пом’якшені.
Додати промінь чи тінь відняти
І буде вже зовсім не та
Волос агатове пасмо,
Не ті очі, не ті вуста
І лоб, де помислів печатка
Так бездоганна, так чиста.
А цей погляд, і колір ланіт,
І легкий сміх, як сплеск морський,
Все в ній про світ говорить.
Вона в душі зберігає спокій
І якщо щастя подарує,
То самою щедрою рукою!
Teacher. Did you like the poem?What did you like more?Why?
Presenting the new vocabulary (p.99)
- -some words are hidden among the letters,find them and then read aloud
- -make up a sentence with each of them (writing in the copy-books)
Reading «Women’s Hall of Fame» (p.100-102)
1) read the information about outstanding women in the “Women’s Hall of Fame” with emphatic intonation;
2) say what Ukrainian women you would introduce there if you had a chance.
Discussing –Photo Share “Famous women” (the women’s photos and the matching task are on the blackboard)
T.Examine the photos and try to match them with the famouse women’s names and their occupations
- Match the pairs
1) Valentina Tereshkova a) Ukrainian national hero
2) Merlin Monrough b) poetress
3) Coco Chanel c) prophet
4) Lesia Ukrainka d) cosmonaut
5) Elizabeth II e) actress, singer, sex-symbol
6) Mother Teresa f) German politics
7) Clara Tsetkin g) singer
8) Yulia Tymoshenko h) queen
9) Ruslana i) ex-premier-minister
10) Vanga j) designer «Little black dress»
11) Margaret Tetcher k) catholic monk
12) Roksolana l) found the 8-th of March
(These women’s pictures for the ex.which is before)
Checking homework (pupils were asked to prepare a short information about one of the famous woman whose photo are on the board )
III. Summing up
So, you could see how many women are in the world and how much they have done for all mankind. As for me, we should proud of them and learn how to live brightly and useful.
Tell me, please, how do you imagine your role in our society? Can you do anything useful for your family, for other people?
H/W- ex.b) p.105-106(fill in the text with the words given below)
Thanks for the lesson. I wish you luck! All the best! See you next time!