Конспект уроку з англійської мови по темі “Одяг і погода”
Автор: учитель англійської мови Добряк Ірина Вікторівна
Theme: Clothes & Weather
Objectives: to review lexical units on the topic “Clothes”, “Weather”, “Fruits & vegetables”, to teach children to speak about different clothes and different kinds of the weather, to teach to work in a team, to sum up the materials on the topic; to train speaking, reading, writing and listening-comprehension skills; to educate desire to study English and to work in a team.
Visual Aids: the picture of giraffe, the map of the journey, word search cards, Peppy coloring pages, “Crazy Old Ladies” +cards (clothes), pictures of different weather, cards with recipes (+ingredients), numbers circles, tickets to London, bookmarks (“Hello Giraffe”), giraffes +1 (additional points to the marks), names of the months, names of the teams, “I spy with my little eye” cards.
Lesson Type: an interactive journey.
II. Warming Up
- Work with maps (Every team gets a map to know the route of the journey. The map will also be the paper for point of the team)
- “Magic Flower” (Name all the colors of the magic flower – 7 points)
III. The Maim Part
- Busy Bees Word Search (Each team gets a card to find the words. Topic “Clothes” – 5 points)
- “Peppy & her secret” (Children get Peppy coloring page. They listen to the teacher and color Peppy’s clothes with necessary colors – 6 points)
“Peppy is a lovely girl. She likes bright colors. Today she has a green hat and brown boots. Peppy’s coat is yellow. The weather is rainy today, so she has a red umbrella. Her monkey has a pink hat and blue trousers”.
- “The Old Wise Oak” (“I spy with my little eye” cards. The teacher names different kinds of clothes & children circle them. Dress, boots, sweater, shoes, T-shirt, scarf, hat – 7 points)
- “Mr. Macaroni” (Get the recipe and “make” the salad using pictures of food – 9 points)
- “Crazy Old Ladies” (Listen to the text and put the necessary pictures into the ladies’ mouth – 5 points)
“There are three crazy old ladies, who live in the magic country. They are crazy because they like to eat everything they see.
The old lady Emma ate a dress yesterday, because it was red. The old lady Daisy ate a green T-shirt with a red dress and Alison ate boots with yellow scarf. Two days ago Emma has eaten a sweater and gloves. Daisy and Emma have eaten orange and yellow scarf. The old lady Alison ate a hat. Three old ladies ate sandals this morning. So what have they eaten?”
|Alison||Red dress, boots, hat, sandals, yellow scarf|
|Emma||Sweater, gloves, orange & yellow scarfs, sandals|
|Daisy||green T-shirt, orange & yellow scarfs, red dress, sandals|
- “The Fisherman” (The captain takes the card and tells the number of one kind of clothes on the card. Then passes the card to the next member of the team. – 7 points)
- “Grumpy Gnome” (The gnome has mixed up the manes of the months. The task of the team is to place the names of the months in the right order – 12 points)
- “Lovely Plane” (Each team gets the picture. The task is to describe the weather and say if the pilot can take the plane up – 5 points)
- “Mysterious Well” (Children work all together. The task is to help the gnome to get out from the well. Students should tell the words on the topic “Clothes/Weather” one by one making the long rope. There is no winner in this contest. The idea is to make children to understand that they can reach the aim only together)
- The Final Part
- Summaries (The competition is over and the giraffe gives kids tickets to London – the entrance to the next interactive journey)
- Marks (We count the points and the members of the team winner get giraffe +1)
- Home task (To learn the words to the topic “Great Britain”)
The pictures and the word search used during the lesson are taken from the Internet