Конспект уроку з англійської мови у 8 класі
Автор уроку: вчитель англійської мови Обухова Олена Олександрівна
Цілі: досягнення атмосфери співробітництва в класі, активізація пізнавальної діяльності учнів, розвиток громадської самосвідомості дитини та формування здатності до колективної праці.
- практичні: організувати ознайомлення з новою лексикою за темою «Музика» та аудіювання учнями діалогу;
- освітні: ввести нову лексику за темою «Музика»; організувати повторення граматичної теми «Спеціальні питання»; формувати вміння працювати в групах та парах; вчити учнів викладати свою точку зору англійською мовою;
- розвивальні: розвивати мовленнєві здібності учнів: фонематичний, інтонаційний слух, здібність до імітації; мовну здогадку та мовленнєву реакцію учнів; готовність до іншомовного спілкування; вміння логічно викладати свою думку; уяву учнів в умовах роботи в пapax; слухову, зоpову пам’ять;
- виховні: виховувати толерантне ставлення до думки співрозмовника, культуру спілкування, групову відповідaльність.
І. Warming up
Work in pairs
Talk about the types of music you like and don’t like. Who are your favourite bands, singers or composers?
ІІ. Main part
Listen and put these types of music in order you hear them.
Put these past time phrases in order.
The day before yesterday
About 250 years ago
Five minutes ago
In the sixteenth century
In February 1964
In the eighties
About 80 years ago
Fill in the gaps with one of the past time phrases.
- Mozard wrote his first symphony…, when he was only eight.
- Adolph Rickenbacker, an engineer, and George Beauchamp, a musician from Hawaii, made the first electric guitar … .
- The Beatles’ first concert in the USA was in the Washington Coliseum ….Tickets cost $2 and $4.
- The first performance of an opera was in Florence, Italy, … .
- Elvis Presley’s mother, Gladys, bought him his first guitar ….It costs $12.95, but eleven-year-old Elvis wanted a bicycle!
Check your answers. How many did you get right?
- Mozard wrote his first symphony about 250 years ago, in 1764.
- Rickenbacker and Beauchamp made the first electric guitar about 80 years ago, in 1931
- The Beatles’ first concert in the USA was in February 1964.
- The first performance of an opera was in the sixteenth century, in 1598.
- Elvis Presley’s mother, Gladys, bought him his first guitar in 1946.
Work in pairs
Follow the instructions.
a) Ask your partner about the last time he / she did these things. Ask follow-up questions if possible.
When did you last cook a meal?
What did you cook?
– cook a meal
– go to the theatre
– stay up very late
– play tennis
– watch a good film on TV
– go out with friends
b) Answer your partner’s questions. Use phrases with in, last or In 2002 / Last weekend / About three years ago
a) Answer your partner’s questions. Use phrases with in, last or In 2002 / Last weekend / About three years ago
b) Ask your partner about the last time he / she did these things. Ask follow-up questions if possible.
When did you last go dancing?
Where did you go?
– go dancing
– go to the cinema
– watch sport on TV
– read a good book
– go shopping for clothes
– eat out
Help with Vocabulary. Question words
a) Match the question words to the things they ask about.
|1.Who||a) a reason (because…)|
|2. Where||b) a time|
|3. When||c) a person|
|4. Why||d) possessive (Susan’s)|
|5. Whose||e) a place|
|6. Which||I) a thing (from many possible answers)|
|7. What||g) a period of time ( for two years)|
|S. How many||h) a number|
|9. How long||i) age|
|10. How old||j) a thing (from a small number of possible answers)|
|1.Who||a person||Who’s that man over there?It’s Michael.|
|2. Where||a place||Where did you go last week? To Germany.|
|3. When||a time||When does the lesson start? At two o’clock.|
|4. Why||a reason||Why are you late? Because I missed the bus.|
|5. Whose||possession||Whose shoes are these?|
|6. Which||a thing (from a small number of possible answers)||Which do you like, the red shirt or the blue one? The red shirt.|
|7. What||a thing (from many possible answers)||What do you want to do tonight? Let’s watch a DVD.|
|8.How many||a number||How many people are there in your class?|
|9. How long||a period of time||How long did you work in Russia? For two years.|
|10. How old||age||How old is your teacher? She’s about thirty.|
Listen to two people do the quiz. Check the question words and your answers. How many did you get right?
Woman. Hey, do you want to do this quiz? It’s call Are you a musical genius?” Man. Yes, OK. Read me the questions.
W. Right, the first one. When did Madonna make her first record? Was it in the 70s, 80s, or 90s?
M. Er, the 70s I think, about 1979?
W. Correct. Number 2. Where do U2 come from?
M. That’s easy. They’re from Ireland.
W. Yes, that’s right. Question 3.What did Sting do before he came a singer? Was he a teacher, a writer or an actor?
M. Er…an actor?
W. No, sorry! He was a teacher. The next, one’s easy, though. Which of these instruments does Elton John play?
M. The piano.
W. Correct. Number 5. How long were the Beatles together? Was it for 5, 10 or 15 years?
M. Hmm, let me think…15 years?
W. No, only 10 years. From 1960 to 1970. Right, the next one! How old was Colombian singer Shakira when she released her first album, Magic? Was she 13, 17, or 22?
M. I’ve got no idea, but my guess is 13.
W. Yes, that’s right. Well done. Number 7. Who was the first singer to have a number one album and film in the USA at the same time? Was it Eminem, Jennifer Lopez or David Bowie?
M. I don’t know — David Bowie?
W. No, it was Jennifer Lopez, in 2001. The film was called The Wedding Planner and the album was J-Lo. Next one. How many people were in the Swedish group, Abba? M. 4-2 women and 2 men..
W. Correct. Whose real name is or was Faroukh Bulsara? Was it a) George Michael, b) Bob Dylan, or c) Freddie Mercury?
M. Well, I know it’s not Bob Dylan… was it George Michael?
W. No, it was Freddie Mercury. Right, the last question. Why didn’t Elvis Presley make any records between 1958 and 1960?
M. Ah, I know this. He was in the army.
W. Correct. So your final score is…6 out of 10. Sorry.
W. Well, I got 10 out of 10.
M. I don’t believe you!
W. I did! Look!
Write a composition about your favourite singer.