Конспект уроку англійської мови для 5 класу на тему “Timetable”
Автор: вчитель Кієвець Ольга Василівна
Title of the Lesson: Timetable
Aims: to form habits of monological and dialogical skills according to the given topic
to develop students’ 4 main language skills (listening, reading, speaking, writing)
to practise pronunciation
to reinforce vocabulary (school subjects)
to practice using prepositions of time in writing and in oral speech
to teach students to express opinions and talk about their favourite subject
SWAT: to write about their favourite subject
Aids: Course Book New Challenges Starter, flashcards, posters, videos, Power Point Presentation, CDs.
1. Beginning of the Lesson
- Good morning, children!
- Glad to see you!
- How are you today?
1.2 Warming up
a) Pronunciation (Video School subjects: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K_wn_58gh4)
– Listen and repeat
b) Practice (Flashcards)
– What subject is it?
– It is …..
- Pronunciation (CD 1/33) Ex. 2 p. 28
- Listen and repeat the times
- Practice (Power Point Presentation)
Game “What’s the time?”
2. The Main Part of the Lesson
2.1 Pre Listening
- What’s your favourite subject?
- What time is it?
2.2 Listening (CD 1/34) Ex. 4p. 28
Listen the e-mail, written by Gemma to her friend about her new school
2.3 After Listening
- True False
You have signal cards (green and red). If the sentence is true, raise green. If the sentence is false, raise red.
1) I’m in class 6 (False)
2) My teacher, Mr. Fisher, is friendly and the students are great(True)
3) My timetable is great(False)
4) On Mondays, it’s science at 9 o’clock, maths at 9.50 and history at 11 o’clock (True)
5) My favourite day is Monday(False)
6) On Wednesdays, it’s geography at 2.15 and PE at 3 o’clock in the afternoon.(True)
- Find in the text the sentences
- Я в новій школі
- Я в 5 класі
- По понеділках в мене природознавство в 9 годині
- В середу в мене географія в 2.15 і фізкультура в 3.00
- Мій улюблений день п’ятниця
- Після обіду в мене англійська мова в 2.15 і інформатика в 3.00
2.4. Brain Break
Video (Shake Break: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl5QodAFuVk)
– Open your copybooks. Write down the date, class work, Ex. 5 p. 29. Put the numbers from 1 to 8. Write the missing subjects
– Now let’s check:
- What subject is on Fridays at 9 o’clock? (art)
- What subject is on Mondays at 9.50? (maths)
- What subject is on Fridays at 9.50? (art)
- What subject is on Mondays at 11 o’clock? (history)
- What subject is on Wednesdays at 2.15? (geography)
- What subject is on Fridays at 2.15? (English)
- What subject is on Wednesdays at 3 o’clock? (PE)
- What subject is on Fridays at 3 o’clock? (IT)
2.6. Grammar Practice
– Look through the text and find the examples with the preposition on/at/in.
– So we use preposition on/at/in with … .
|The days of the week||The time||The parts of the day|
|On Monday |
|At 6 o’clock |
|In the morning |
In the afternoon
In the evening
– What time is … ?
– What day is … ?
– what subject is on … at … ?
Write a project “My Favourite Subject”. Draw your favourite subject and write like at the example:
My favourite subject is English. On Mondays, it’s at 8.30. It’s the first lesson. On Thursdays, it’s at 1.20 and at 2.15. It’s the sixth lesson and the seventh lesson.
2.9.1. Game: Guess the prepositions
– Choose a card and name the correct preposition
2.9.2. SB Ex.9 p. 29
3. Summary of the Lesson
WB Ex. 5p. 27
3.2. Closure and Evaluation.
Презентація до уроку